Friday 6 January 2012

Starting Again

14th November 2011


We got our results today at the hospital.  They have confirmed that what happened with Emilie was the same thing as what caused Samuel to be born prematurely although this time, in addition to the blood clots and placental infarcts, I also suffered a placental abruption causing her blood supply to be completely cut off.  I can't quite believe it - how can the same thing happen twice?  We are so grateful for Sam and his survival and this whole experience has reinforced how special he is.
We have been given the go ahead to try for another baby.  I will be on a higher dose of aspirin than I was with Emilie-Rose, high dose folic acid and daily fragmin injections.  I will have a very early scan and will be admitted at 28 weeks.  As long as I have a baby at the end of it all I don't mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment